Friday, April 1, 2011

Why I have to quit this blog

It's been about a half of a month since my last post, and I thought that, rather than dropping off of the internet altogether, I'll give you guys a heads-up, and a little background on my decision to quit this blog, rather than leaving you hanging, clicking refresh over and over again on the homepage. You do that, right?

In Randi speak, I seem to have become something of a "woo-woo," because I'm not marginally as sure of my beliefs as I was a half of a month ago.

On Friday the 18th, the day after I wrote my most recent blog post, two things happened that have been worrying me since. I can't say they're related, but I also can't say for sure that, with their temporal proximity (har har big words) to one-another, that they aren't.

The first thing: I was sitting on the back porch with my fiance. We're one of those rare couples where only one member smokes, but I sometimes accompany her when she does. I brought my phone to watch the time, because I was going to watch America's Funniest Home Videos at 8:00 (Have you ever tried watching it on mute?). It was about 7:55 when we went outside.

I was looking at the portion of the sky visible under our porch's roof, and I saw a little light in the sky. It was moving around the way that a fly or a mosquito might, and I realized that I was having what people would call a UFO sighting. We went into the yard and determined that it was a larger object, farther away, and not a lightning bug by the fence or something. Long story short, after a few minutes it went behind some trees, and we didn't see it again. I thought it was definitely interesting, and the two of us sat on the stump out back and tried to figure out what it could have been. We ended up talking about belief, and skepticism, and one thing led to another, and <tmi>we ended up doing what a man and woman do when they love each other very much, there in the fenced-in back yard. Thumbs up, by the way.</tmi> At this point, I'd sort of given up on America's Funniest Home Videos. We talked a little more and, eventually went inside to go to bed early. I figured it was probably about 10:00.

I'll skip the major confusion that happened when we went inside, and just tell you that it wasn't 10:00. It was 7:58. The Funniest Home Videos episode I'd been watching before we went outside was just ending. Three minutes had passed.

(pause to joke about the brevity of my performance in the back yard, and then we'll move on)

I guess I can't impress that it was a big deal to me. Three minutes had passed. 7:58 is some text on a screen to you, but I was very very upset. I was actually a little angry, if you can believe it. I still sort of am, actually, just angry that something happened that is just nonsensical. I ended up snapping at one of the kids about their shoes being on the floor, and ended up feeling bad about it.

Both of us were still tired, though, and we ended up having to stay up long enough to put the kids to bed. When we got up in the morning, the other strange thing happened.

In short: The five of us had dreams that were, in every way I could think to measure, identical, but from five different perspectives. When I first realized this, I had my fiance and I split up and write down our dreams in detail, so we'd have a relatively unpolluted memory of them at hand.  The points of similarity were sort of outrageous.

Between the five of us, in the children's first telling of the dream (which I had them do separately. I was being a little obsessive) the following points appeared in three to five of our stories (my fiance's and my writing, and the children's individual telling):


  • Going to the park to swim in a swimming pool. (this park doesn't have a swimming pool in real life.)
  • I was very very tall.
  • The oldest child was a mermaid.
  • A man with a mustache and a baseball cap giving the kids swimming tips.
  • Change at the bottom of the pool, like in a wishing well.
I hate to say this, but this is beyond coincidental. This goes into the realm of personal proof (as opposed to scientific proof). You don't have to believe that something extraordinary happened, but I'm afraid that I do.

Now, let me tell you, specifically, why I am quitting this blog.  I can't come to any solid conclusions about the cause of anything that happened above. But I can say, about the seemingly shared dream, that it seems like it must have involved some kind of information transfer that the five of us shared, from three different rooms across the house. I can't say where the information originated, or the path it took between its origin point and the sensory centers of our 5 dreaming minds, but I can say that if there is some mechanism that allows information to travel into and out of a mind, bypassing our 5 senses, then the implications to that are outrageous, and very possibly match what we see today in the world of the harder-to-explain-away "psychics" and whatnot. 

What I'm saying is, if this happened, what else could happen, using similar mechanisms?

And that is why I can't be The Polite Skeptic any more. I may have to become The Skeptical Believer, which doesn't make for a good blog headline. 

So, I'd like to thank my humble readership for their visits and their support, but this is one project I have to put away for the time being.

1 comment:

  1. HOW I WAS CURE WITH MY CANCER BY DR. TRUST: VIEW HIS WEB SITE AND CONTACT HIM FOR YOUR OWN CURE https://ultimatecurecenter.wixsite.com/dr-trust

    I am so grateful to Dr.Trust for providing me with herbal oil here in the states. I was diagnose with cancer of the lungs 9 months ago, and ever since then i have done a lot of Chemo and Radiation that have not help me, but only damaged my immune system and render me weak and helpless. I came across the Phoenix Tears and i have read about the herbal oil a lot and saw the Post on Dr.Trust could provide herbal Oil without delay,i contacted them via email for the procurement of this oil medication, to my surprise the medication was procured and delivered within 3 working days and i have been on treatment for the past 1 months. i am now here to testify that i am no longer a cancer patient, I have experience a total transformation in my life,for all cancer patients get your herbal oil to cure your cancer. And there has being rapid improvement in my health, I no longer feel pains and I wake up each morning feeling revived, energized and rejuvenated. If you need cure to any type of illness and also who has also been scammed by other fake spell casters, worry no more, here is the ultimate solution to your problem, contact him now he can help you cure your cancer or any other illness you may have.

    EMAIL HIM: Ultimatecurecenter@yahoo.com
    WEBSITE: https://ultimatecurecenter.wixsite.com/dr-trust
    CALL OR WHATAPP: +2348156885231

    ReplyDelete