Wednesday, September 1, 2010

A note on Fabrication Friday

I was looking at my analytics program (it sure can be addicting) and I was alarmed to find an abrupt, and drastic, dropoff of readership.  I marked what day it happened, and I looked at the blog post from the previous day.

Friday.

Fabrication Friday.  Lord.

I've worked in retail, and if it taught me one thing, it's that people don't read signs.  Unless there is something wrong (a locked door, for instance) or perhaps they're driving a car, signs are invisible to most people, whether they're red, flashing, speaking, etc.  So, I don't know why I would expect the simple statement of "The following is not true" to inform people that what follows is actually not true.  I don't know why I would expect a link to the Fabrication Friday explanation would be enough to explain what Fabrication Friday is all about.

Anyway, I added one more sign, changing every Friday post's title to "Fabrication Friday Post" and then the date, so that I'm not scaring people away, making them think I'm an alien abductee, or a psychic medium.

Of course, I could be wrong about the why of all this, but I've made my assumption, and, in true human form, I'm going to run with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment